Sunday, May 28, 2017
Text Size

Please review our Business License Information Packet for information about how to apply for a license to operate business within the City of Atascadero. Application fees are listed on the back of each application, and we are using the fee schedule dated July 25, 2016


  • Home Occupation Business License  (includes vacation rentals & cottage food operations & CSLB Contractors who reside within City limits (please include a copy of your CSLB card with your application.) 
  • General Business License - please use this application for the following:
    • New commercial
    • Commercial change of location
    • Commercial change of owner/name
    • Independent contractor in commercial location
    • Independent contractor change of location
    • Out-of-town vendor
    • Out-of-town contractor (please include a copy of your CSLB card)
    • Solicitor
    • Non-profit
  • Temporary or Special Event Permit through the Community Development Dept. 
  • Business license applications are processed though our Front Counter Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  New applications can be mailed, along with a check made payable to the City of Atascadero (please do not send cash), to the following address:
City of Atascadero
Attn: Community Development
6500 Palma Avenue
Atascadero, CA  93422


For more information please contact our Permit Center at (805) 461-5035. 

Category: Licenses & Permits

Login Form

Sign up for email notifications, submit online requests, edit contact info.