2023 Cruisin' Weekend Street Closures & Rules of the Road
HOT EL CAMINO CRUISE NITE: NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURES
Cruisin’ Weekend kicks off Friday, August 18, 2023 from 6:30 until 8:30 p.m. with the City of Atascadero’s 30th Annual Hot El Camino Cruise Nite, which is a closed and controlled cruise on El Camino Real from Traffic Way to Curbaril! The following roads will close beginning at 5:00 pm (Hard Road Closure at 5:30 pm):
* El Camino Real from Curbaril to Traffic Way;
* East Mall from Palma Ave to El Camino Real;
* West Mall from Palma Ave to El Camino;
* Palma Ave from West Mall to Traffic Way;
* Traffic Way from Palma Ave to El Camino Real (Parking behind El Paseo Plaza to remain open for parking) – Soft closure up to Lewis Ave.
* San Luis Ave from Curbaril to El Camino Real;
* Pueblo Ave from Sinoloa to El Camino Real;
Highway 41 will be closed to through traffic between the US 101 southbound ramps (to remain open) and Santa Ysabel Avenue and will be detoured through Curbaril Avenue and Santa Ysabel Avenue. US 101 northbound on- and off-ramps at Hwy 41/El Camino Real (in front of the Von’s Center) will be closed, but local traffic to the Von’s Center can be accessed off Highway 41 at Santa Ysabel Avenue. Colony Square parking lot can be accessed from Lewis Ave. The intersection of El Camino Real and Traffic Way will allow traffic to flow between US 101 ramps to the north portion of El Camino Real. The Tesla Charging Station will be closed during the event. Designated pedestrian crossings will be at Huckleberry’s and East Mall.
HOT EL CAMINO CRUISE NITE: RULES OF THE ROAD FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
1. Drive cautiously and watch for pedestrians, spectators, and other vehicles.
2. Obey all traffic signals, signs, and control devices.
3. Obey all directions from Police Officers and event staff
4. Deliberate chirping, spinning, and squealing of tires are prohibited
5. Do not pour any liquid on the street for tire spinning.
6. Exhibitions of vehicle speed, excessive exhaust system noise, and speed contests are prohibited.
7. U-turns are only permitted at the south end of the cruise route where designated.
8. All Vehicle Code rules and regulations will be enforced.
9. Vehicles may leave the cruise route to “cool down;” however, drivers seeking to re-enter the cruise route must re-enter at the registration site/ route entrance at Pueblo & El Camino Real.
10. No passing in the center median.
11. Throwing items of any kind from vehicles is prohibited.
12. Please make sure to have your headlights on during the Cruise!
Violations of the above rules may subject the violator to being escorted from the course, citation, towing and/or impounding of his/her vehicle, and arrest. CRUISE NITE WILL CONTINUE ONLY WITH YOUR COOPERATION! PLEASE HELP US ENSURE THAT THE EVENT CONTINUES TO BE SAFE FOR EVERYONE!
To register your classic car for Hot El Camino Cruise Nite, visit us at the Colony Park Community Center located at 5599 Traffic Way before 4 pm on Friday, August 19th. After Friday at 4 pm, you can register beginning at 6 pm at Pueblo/ San Luis Ave and El Camino Real. Cap is 500 vehicles for the Cruise, so get your registration in soon! For more information: www.VisitAtascadero.com/cruise.
DANCING IN THE STREETS: NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURES
On Saturday evening, August 19th from 5-10 p.m., the City of Atascadero will host Dancing in the Streets! This will involve five bands scattered throughout downtown Atascadero along with various food and beverage vendors. The following roads will be closed:
- 11 am - Midnight: West Mall between ECR & Lewis; Palma Ave. between East Mall & Entrada.
- 12 pm - Midnight: Entrada between Palma Ave. to Lewis Ave.
- 2 pm - Midnight: Entrada between El Camino Real to Palma Ave.; Palma between Entrada and City Parking Lot Driveway (Entrada & Palma intersection open until 2 pm)
- PLEASE NOTE: PUBLIC PARKING BEHIND THE CARLTON WILL BE OPEN, but only accessible via the parking lot entrance off of Traffic Way to Palma Ave.
CRUISIN WEEKEND: NOTICE OF NO PARK AREAS
NO PARK AREAS for Friday, August 18th through Saturday, August 19th
- West Mall between Palma Ave. & Lewis Ave.
- Entrada between Palma & Lewis Ave.
NO PARK AREAS for Saturday, August 19th (11 am – 12:00 am)
- Entrada between ECR and the first driveway (in front of La Donna’s & Sherwin Williams).
- ECR between Entrada & Sherwin Williams driveway.
- Entrada between Palma Ave.Lewis Ave.
- Lewis Ave. between Entrada & East Mall.
If there are any questions regarding the events above, please contact the Colony Park Community Center at (805) 470-3360.