Please review our Business License Information Packet for information about how to apply for a license to operate business within the City of Atascadero. Application fees are listed on the back of each application, and reflect the adopted fees included in the Fee Schedule (effective 8/15/2022). Additional fees may apply for the downtown area. Learn more about the Downtown Business Improvement Area.
Attention All Businesses Operating at Commercial Locations!!!
Please read the Disability Access Requirements and Resources
regarding the enactment of AB 3002.
General Business License -please use this application for the following:
- New commercial (please include a site plan)
- Commercial change of location
- Commercial change of owner/name
- Home Occupation-Please print out and sign the Conditions Page (includes Vacation Rentals & Cottage Food Operations)
- Sub Tenant in commercial location
- Sub Tenant change of location
- Mobile Food Vending (please contact a City Planner)
- Out-of-town vendor
- Out-of-town contractor (please include a copy of your CSLB card)
Special Event Permit Application (For special/temporary events)
Cannabis Business License Application (For out-of-town cannabis delivery services)
Business license applications are processed though our Front Counter Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1:00-4:00 p.m. by appointment only. New applications can be mailed, along with a check made payable to the City of Atascadero (please do not send cash), to the following address:
City of Atascadero
Attn: Community Development
6500 Palma Avenue
Atascadero, CA 93422
For more information please contact our Permit Center at (805) 461-5035.